Fox Hunt 1-2017
|Date:||January 21, 2016|
|Start Time:||09:00 am|
|Fox transmit power:||1 Watt|
|Hound start location:||McDonalds, 2 Allaura Blvd, Aurora 905-727-1600|
Frequency 146.565 MHz
- DURATION – The exercise ends after two (2) hours or when all hounds have either found the fox or conceded, whichever is the earlier.
- FOX’S OPERATION – The fox will transmit on one of the above FM frequency signals from a fixed location, on unrestricted public property, and within the above declared boundaries.
- The fox will use an Omni directional, vertically polarized signal. The fox’s effective radiated power will be such that any hounds starting towards the centre of the area in a reasonably high and clear location shall be assured of receiving the fox’s transmission. The fox’s transmitted power will remain constant throughout the hunt. The fox may issue clues to his location. The fox will transmit the location at the end of the exercise.
- HOUND’S OPERATION – The hound is a person or team in one vehicle using one set of equipment. The hounds may start from any location. Taking bearings from home is not permitted. Hounds without transmission capability should make their participation known in advance.
- RESTRICTIONS – The YRARC is a responsible club with an enviable reputation. Hounds will adhere to the terms of their transmitting license, all driving laws, the Highway Code, and local Bylaws. YRARC members must satisfy themselves on relevant matters of law and insurance. They participate in these foxhunt exercises at their own risk and on the strict understanding that all participants agree to indemnify YRARC Officials, the Fox Hunt Committee and the YRARC Inc. for any accident or other damage arising from the event.
|Fox Logistics:||John Leonardelli VE3IPS@gmail.com|