Chameleon Antenna DIY Magnetic Loop Project Part 3 (J-Loop)

Ok found time this weekend to wrap up the project and take advantage of the sunshine to test it out.

I decided to make mine different from Julian’s (OH8STN) build and combine several ideas around stability and usage.

I ended up using the Chameleon Jaws mount for attaching to my tripod(s).

Now I am going to build a second version using a Johnson capacitor rated at about 180pf. The massive plates should be able to support more power.

I used the icom 703 for the tests as it has a 10 watt output.

I then set up my wspr beacon and let it go on 20m for a while while playing with the Transworld antenna

Excellent results with 3 continents covered.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s